► Check 4G coverage in your area.
• Before buying any 4G Broadband2Go device you should check COVERAGE in your area on the top line of this webpage.
Follow the link at this FAQ: http://virginmobileusa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5679
Be sure to select your coverage interest such as 4G in the boxes above the map tool.
► Does at least 1 of your devices meet the Overdrive Pro's System Requirements to setup your Virgin Mobile account and configure the Overdrive?
You're going to need a Mac or Windows PC to start your Virgin Mobile account and configure the Overdrive Pro. Once you've created a Wi-Fi hotspot with your Overdrive you should be able to access the web with any Wi-Fi enabled device or via USB cable.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS - Overdrive Pro
• Mac Requirements: Mac OS X, 10.4 & Higher G4/G5
• Windows* Requirements: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
• Your Mac or Windows PC must be Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n enabled to connect to the Overdrive Pro OR have an available USB port.
Requirements for a USB Tethered Connection
Your device supports a direct connection through a USB cable to a Windows or Mac computer. (This is commonly referred to as a “tethered” connection.)
See page 26 in the Overdrive Pro user manual at http://www.virginmobileusa.com/resources/phones/prepaid/manual/OD-Pro-user-guide.pdf
Your Virgin Mobile account is setup using a browser window. The Overdrive Pro is also configured using a browser window. The Overdrive's device drivers will be downloaded to your Mac or Windows PC from the Overdrive. You must use a Mac or Windows PC to setup your Virgin Mobile account and configure the Overdrive.
► Will Broadband2Go plans provide enough data for all your needs? What is the price?
There are 3 Broadband2Go plans: $35 per month, $55 per month, and $5 per day.
• When you have a 4G Broadband2Go device operating in 4G mode both the $35 and $55 per month will provide unlimited data for 1 month. Data access will continue after you receive 10GB of data but 4G speeds will be reduced to about 2Mbps. The $5 Daily plan will get you 500MB of data during your day.
• When you have a 3G device OR your 4G device is operating at 3G speed then:
- You'll get 2GB of data at 3G speeds on the $35/month plan during your month.
- You'll get 5GB of data at 3G speeds on the $55/month plan during your month.
- You'll get 200MB of data at 3G speeds on the $5/day plan during your day.
► And will Broadband2Go be as fast as your old connection?
Data speeds of Virgin Mobile’s Broadband2Go 3G/4G devices
Operating on the Sprint 4G (WiMAX) Network, the Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go Overdrive Pro™ 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot and the U600 3G/4G USB
Sticks average speeds ranging between 3 – 6 mbps as compared to 600 kbps – 1.4 mbps on the 3G Nationwide Sprint Network – that’s up to 10
times faster!* The Sprint 4G Network reaches over 70 markets in the US.
*Based on download speed comparison of Sprint 3G avg. speeds (600 kbps – 1.4 mbps) vs. Sprint 4G avg. speeds (3 – 6 mbps). Actual speeds may
vary based upon plan or other factors. These Virgin Mobile’s Broadband2Go devices operate on the Sprint 4G WiMAX Network.
Broadband2Go's advantage is mobility. You can get internet access for your computing devices away from home or office. Speed and quantity of data are the main drawbacks.
answered 2 years, 11 months ago