►CONNECTIVITY AND COMPATIBILITY
Your video and game systems need a Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n or USB port just to CONNECT to the Overdrive Pro. You need a Mac or Windows PC that meets the following System Requirements to START your Virgin Mobile account and CONFIGURE the Overdrive Pro. Once you've created a Wi-Fi hotspot with your Overdrive you should be able to access the web with any Wi-Fi enabled device.
System Requirements - Overdrive Pro
• Mac Requirements: Mac OS X, 10.4 & Higher G4/G5
• Windows* Requirements: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
• Your Mac or Windows PC must be Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n enabled to connect to the Overdrive Pro OR have an available USB port.
Requirements for a USB Tethered Connection
Your device supports a direct connection through a USB cable to a Windows or Mac computer. (This is commonly referred to as a “tethered” connection.)
See page 26 in the Overdrive Pro user manual at http://www.virginmobileusa.com/resources/phones/prepaid/manual/OD-Pro-user-guide.pdf
Your Virgin Mobile account is setup using a browser window. The Overdrive Pro is also configured using a browser window. The Overdrive's device drivers will be downloaded to your Mac or Windows PC from the Overdrive. You must use a Mac or Windows PC to setup your Virgin Mobile account and configure the Overdrive.
Once you've created a Wi-Fi hotspot with your Overdrive you should be able to access the web with any Wi-Fi enabled device.
►PLANS - PRICES, DATA, AND LIMITS
There are 3 Broadband2Go plans: $35 per month, $55 per month, and $5 per day.
• Both the $35 and $55 per month plans will provide Unlimited data for 1 month when you have a 4G/3G Broadband2Go device (U600 or Overdrive Pro)
operating in 4G mode. ►Data access will continue after you receive 10GB of data but 4G speeds will be reduced to about 2Mbps. ◄
The $5 Daily plan will get you Unlimited data for 24 hours when you have a 4G/3G Broadband2Go device such as the U600 or Overdrive Pro operating at
4G speeds. Your speeds may drop to about 2Mbps when 500MB of data is reached but data access will continue for the rest of your 24 hours.
• When your 4G/3G device (U600 or Overdrive Pro) is operating at 3G speed then:
- The $35/month plan provides 2GB of data at 3G speeds during your month.
- The $55/month plan provides 5GB of data at 3G speeds during your month.
- The $5/day plan provides 200MB of data at 3G speeds during your day.
► DATA SPEEDS OF BROADBAND2GO 3G/4G DEVICES
Operating on the Sprint 4G (WiMAX) Network, the Virgin Mobile Broadband2Go Overdrive Pro™ 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot and the U600 3G/4G USB Sticks average speeds ranging between 3 – 6 mbps as compared to 600 kbps – 1.4 mbps on the 3G Nationwide Sprint Network – that’s up to 10 times faster!* The Sprint 4G Network reaches over 70 markets in the US.
*Based on download speed comparison of Sprint 3G avg. speeds (600 kbps – 1.4 mbps) vs. Sprint 4G avg. speeds (3 – 6 mbps). Actual speeds may vary based upon plan or other factors. These Virgin Mobile’s Broadband2Go devices operate on the Sprint 4G WiMAX Network.
Before buying any 4G/3G Broadband2Go device you should check COVERAGE in your area on the top line of this webpage.
Follow the link at this FAQ: http://virginmobileusa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5679
Be sure to select ►4G WiMAX◄ or data coverage(3G) on the tool.
answered 1 year, 1 month ago