• Your computer must be WiFi-enabled. You may need a Mac or Windows PC to set up your Broadband2Go account and configure your MiFi 2200. Once you've created a Wi-Fi hotspot with your MiFi 2200 you should be able to access the web with any Wi-Fi enabled device.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS - MiFi 2200
• Mac Requirements: Mac OS X, 10.3 & higher
• Windows* Requirements: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8; PDF Reader
• Your Mac or Windows PC must be Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g enabled to connect to the MiFi 2200.
Manage Wireless Network Activity – MiFi Device Settings
MiFi Device Settings: Allows you to manage, monitor, and customize your Wi-Fi Mobile Broadband connection through an easy-to-use interface when the device is in Wi-Fi mode (that is, without the use of the USB cable). page 5
See the MiFi 2200 user manual at http://www.virginmobileusa.com/resources/mifi_usermanual.pdf
Your Virgin Mobile account is setup using a browser window. The MiFi 2200 is also configured using a browser window. The MiFi 2200's device drivers will be downloaded to your Mac or Windows PC from the MiFi 2200. You must use a Mac or Windows PC to setup your Virgin Mobile account and configure the MiFi 2200.
Once you've created a Wi-Fi hotspot with your MiFi 2200 you should be able to access the web with any Wi-Fi enabled device.
• If you still have problems try calling Broadband2Go Support. Click 'SUPPORT' at the top of this page to find the Broadband2Go phone number.
answered 1 year, 11 months ago