Your computer must meet the System Requirements for one of the Broadband2Go devices:
► SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS - Overdrive Pro
Your system needs a Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n or USB port just to CONNECT to the Overdrive Pro. To START your Virgin Mobile account and CONFIGURE the
Overdrive Pro you need a Mac or Windows PC that meets the following System Requirements. Once you've created your Virgin Mobile account and
configured your Overdrive Pro you should be able to access the web with any device using Wi-Fi or USB port.
• Mac Requirements: Mac OS X, 10.4 & Higher G4/G5
• Windows* Requirements: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
• Your Mac or Windows PC must be Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n enabled to connect to the Overdrive Pro OR have an available USB port.
Requirements for a USB Tethered Connection
Your device supports a direct connection through a USB cable to a Windows or Mac computer. (This is commonly referred to as a “tethered” connection.)
See page 26 in the Overdrive Pro user manual at http://www.virginmobileusa.com/resources/phones/prepaid/manual/OD-Pro-user-guide.pdf
Your Virgin Mobile account is setup using a browser window. The Overdrive Pro is also configured using a browser window. The Overdrive's device
drivers will be downloaded to your Mac or Windows PC from the Overdrive. You must use a Mac or Windows PC to setup your Virgin Mobile account and
configure the Overdrive.
Once you've created a Wi-Fi hotspot with your Overdrive you should be able to access the web with any Wi-Fi enabled device.
► SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS - Netgear Mingle:
NETGEAR MINGLE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
• Mac Requirements: Mac® OS 10.6-10.8
• Windows Requirements: Windows® XP SP3, Vista®, 7 or 8
• OS Requirements: iOS 4.0, Android 2.1, Blackberry 5.0
• Browser Support (min): IE 8, Firefox 4.0, Safari 5, Chrome 17, Android Browser, Android OS 2.2, Safari Mobile on iOS 4.0
• USB 2.0 port or Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n)